Re: DE features dependent on Systemd

Hi,

Ivan Shmakov:
> 	I agree that the issue gets trickier for multiuser hosts, but
> 	I’m pretty sure that there still will be at least one user for
> 	whom no such access restrictions should apply, – irrespective of
> 	his or her “login locality.”

The access groups are still available if you want or need them.

But on a multi-user system, we can't depend on the first user being any
sort of special owner; it might just as well be the person whose desk
the machine is hidden under, but that doesn't give them any special rights
to the machine's peripherals when a colleague is using it. This gets
even more complicated on multi-seat machines: just how many audio groups
do you want to create?

The default should be safe. Having a special user who gets access
no matter how they log in (or even if they are no longer logged in
but just leane a daemon running), just because this happened to be
the first user added to the system, is not.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs