Re: upgrades must not change the installed init system [was: Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing]

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 18:07:18 +0200, Matthias Urlichs
<matthias@urlichs.de> wrote:
>Vincent Danjean:
>> If I recall correctly, when Debian switched the default MTA, upgrades
>> did not change the already installed.
>
>You cannot have an MTA without configuring it, and nobody even tried to
>implement auto-migration of the old default mailer's configuration to the
>new one.

Actually, the exim4 maintainer scripts parsed the exim 3 configuration
files to give its debconf prompt a locally relevant meaning.

Greetings
Marc