Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 11:12:01PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Surely, it should be an OPT-IN choice, not an OPT-OUT one? I'm talking
> upgrades here, not new installs.

I have no clue why we are continuing to discuss this. The ctte
resolution says that "the default init system for Linux architectures in
jessie should be systemd". There is no extra provision "on new installs"
in the resolution. If you want OPT-IN, your options are:

 * Ask the ctte to further clarify their position.
 * Raise a GR.

Your options do not include:

 * Further pester debian-devel with this matter.

That said, it certainly makes sense to document how to opt out of
systemd in the release notes. I guess you just volunteered.

Thanks in advance

Helmut