Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

On Friday, 5 de September de 2014 21:36:43 Ansgar Burchardt escribió:
> Nothing prevents you from a, installing systemd-shim from Jessie before
> running apt-get dist-upgrade or b, using "apt-get dist-upgrade upstart".
>
> I'm fairly sure I saw this question also answered on -user@ once or
> twice times (which is also the appropriate list to ask such questions).
>
> Ansgar

So, in your POV, forcing millions of sysadmins out there to take extra pain to
keep their systems running as they expect is the way to go?

Do you really expect millions of users to read and understand the (sometimes
cryptic) release notes explaining that they must perform a not straightforward
upgrade just to jave their systems up to date?

Do you think it is realistic to expect them all reading some obscure
documentation _before_ upgrading?

Experience shows us that most of our users just do not read the Release Notes,
and those who do that do it mostly after havin encountered some problem.

Regards

Noel
er Envite