Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

Hi,

Noel Torres:
> Do you think it is realistic to expect them all reading some obscure
> documentation _before_ upgrading?

No. I expect them all to continue running just peachy fine and seamlessly.
I also expect the Jessie upgrade to switch to systemd. Because, frankly and
strictly IMHO, doing anything else makes no sense whatsoever.

On the other hand, I *do* expect anybody who does NOT want to switch to
systemd to already know before upgrading that they'll need to do somethink
non-standard if they really want to stay with sysVinit / switch to
[another_init] instead, simply because they already know that the default
upgrade will switch.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs