Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:
> Ok, so let's quantify the view of sysadmins somehow.  This can actually
> be done in a meaningful way: let's count posts on places where
> technically-minded folks gather.  There's plenty of minor blogs that are
> biased, but let's choose big sites where we can have a reasonable chance
> of being unbiased.  I chose Slashdot and it's fork, SoylentNews.

That's not unbiased. People are more likely to write negative comments:
after all if you are happy with ${x}, why write a comment at all?

Also, given the style of the articles you selected, what kind of people
would they attract to comment? Whom would you expect to share links to
such articles with like-minded persons? Would that bias the comments
towards a certain side?

But hey, let's just do other statistics which should be more relevant to
Debian: the number of Debian developers, which also are often sysadmins
and are certainly technically-minded, that find systemd a truly horrible
choice. The last time people polled that number, it was below the small
number of developers needed to start a GR.

Ansgar