Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

Hi,

Marc Haber:
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 15:12:50 +0200, Svante Signell
> <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Fri, 2014-09-05 at 14:20 +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> >> Thus, unless the user explicitly tells the apt{-get,itude} subsystem not
> >> to switch to systemd (by whatever means, the details of which I personally
> >> am not at all interested in), a dist-upgrade should do so.
> >
> >How? All efforts so far and bugs reported are being brought down
> >actively.
>
> #618862, dating back to 2011 and with no Debian maintainer reaction in
> months?

This bug's latest entry asks the original reporter whether the bug still
applies. In addition, there's Upstream's request for an updated patch, from
earlier this year. Both appear not to have happened yet.

The systemd transition is not simple. I do not think it's reasonable to
expect the Debian maintainer to be able to reproduce every problem, so what
else would you have them do about this bug?

--
-- Matthias Urlichs