Re: Debian default desktop environment

On 04/07/2014 08:24 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> That's what I'm using yes. Probably you should have read my message up
> to its end, where I wrote: "I'm also unsure all my KVM over IPs support
> images for DVDs rather than simply CD."

No need to be rude about that, ok? I missed that part. Jeez.

>> In that case, you don't really care about whether
>> it's a CD or DVD.
>
> Even if they do, I don't see the point in using images 6 times the size
> (takes longer to download and uses more storage for no improvement).

Use FAI or Puppet, problem solved. Setting up a network boot
environment allows much quicker installation anyway.

For us, installing a machine involves:

- unpack the machine
- hook it up
- add new host to host database
- power on and set up machine for network boot
- done

Takes around 20 minutes for a server and no ISO images or CDs/DVDs
involved whatsoever.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz