Re: Debian default desktop environment

On 04/07/2014 07:26 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> For a desktop use, probably. For server setup, please don't. The CD1 is
> better than the netinst CD because... it doesn't need network!

You deploy your servers from a CD? Don't get me wrong, but installing
from CD in an enterprise environment doesn't sound very professional
to me.

We use FAI for that. 99% of our servers don't even have a CD drive
anymore, just some of the older ones. And even if you want to install
from CD, most modern servers provide a BMC with keyboard, mouse and
video redirect over the network which also allows you to mount ISO
files as virtual CDs. In that case, you don't really care about whether
it's a CD or DVD.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz