Re: Debian default desktop environment

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 02:52:41PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> We go over the same ground over and over. I'm increasingly in favour of *no*
> default. You must pick one from a list on install. Randomize the list if
> necessary.

And can I pass my granddad's phone call on to you when he is stuck
choosing among names that are absolutely obscure to him like "GNOME",
"Xfce", and "KDE"?

We are software integrators, making default choices is what we do.

We can't pass the bucket down to our users.

Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .