Re: jquery debate with upstream

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 11.03.2014, 19:02 +0000 schrieb Ian Jackson:
> I think that if we want a more convenient and reliable way to avoid
> them being used during the build, we should have a way to make
> dpkg-source remove the files from the tree as it unpacks the source.

debian/clean is sufficient for that, I’d say. Enough package building
tools clean before the build so that one would notice in due time that
the build accidentally uses it.

Before this thread gets too long and we hear too many opinion from
people  don’t have a say in this (like me), I’d like to hear an official
statement from the ftp-team on the question:

        Does Debian tolerate files in upstream tarballs that are (1)
        legally distributable and (2) not used in any way during the
        build, even if they do not come with their preferred form of
        modification?

Greetings,
Joachim

--