Re: jquery debate with upstream

On 03/11/2014 11:16 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Debian have a certain definition of Freedoms [...]
> Whose freedom is impaired, and in what way, by the presence of these
> useless but ignored files in the tarball ?

In one of my package, I had openssl.dll in the source tarball (it was of
course removed later on).

Would you consider it ok as well to have it in a source package, as long
as it's not used during the build? And what about a windows .exe? Is it
different from having a minified .js that is also not in use?

Cheers,

Thomas

(note: this is not sarcasm or whatever, this is a real case that I'm
talking about, and I'm really interested in the opinion of Ian)