Re: jquery debate with upstream

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

> So you’d say it is acceptable to leave jquery-1.11.0.min.js in a tarball
> if it is unused (e.g. if it is removed in the clean target, and possibly
> documented in README.Source)? Can maybe someone from the ftp-team
> confirm this?

My understanding (as someone who is not on the ftp-team) is contrary to
that. Rather, a file that is in a non-source form – such as an
obfuscated (minified) JS file – must be removed from the source package.

I'd love to see clarification of the ftp-team's position on obfuscated
files in source packages, preferably in an official location for future
reference.

--
 \      “Nothing is more sacred than the facts.” —Sam Harris, _The End |
  `\                                                   of Faith_, 2004 |