Re: jquery debate with upstream

Thomas Goirand writes ("Re: jquery debate with upstream"):
> In one of my package, I had openssl.dll in the source tarball (it was of
> course removed later on).
>
> Would you consider it ok as well to have it in a source package, as long
> as it's not used during the build? And what about a windows .exe? Is it
> different from having a minified .js that is also not in use?

Yes, I think all of these things are tolerable, so long as the files
are in fact redistributable (which depending on the licence they might
not be).

I think that if we want a more convenient and reliable way to avoid
them being used during the build, we should have a way to make
dpkg-source remove the files from the tree as it unpacks the source.

Ian.