Re: jquery debate with upstream

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Ben Finney wrote:

> I'd love to see clarification of the ftp-team's position on obfuscated
> files in source packages, preferably in an official location for future
> reference.

I quote from [1]:

Source missing

Your package contains files that need source but do not have it. These
include PDF and PS files in the documentation, or auto-generated
files.

Generated files

Your package contains generated files (such as compressed .js
libraries) without corresponding original form. They're not considered
as the preferred form of modification, so you will either have to
provide corresponding original form, or remove them from your tarball,
eventually depending on an already available packages to provide
missing features.

1. https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

--
bye,