Re: FFmpeg vs. libav packaging

Quoting Stephan Seitz (2014-02-14 13:32:41)
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 01:03:02PM +0100, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> >But we still try to minimise such cases as much as possible. And for
> >libav/ffmpeg this simply isn't managable at all due to the huge
> >stream of security issues trickling in. We need definitely need to
> >pick one solution only.
>
> And how is this problem solved? The library which most software can
> use or the library which has a maintainer?

Which problem?  The one that some code exists in Debian and some does
not, and that some users wish that other not-in-Debian code would be in
Debian even if that means dropping that other currently-in-Debian?

If that's the problem you are asking about, then please see my prevous
post.

If it is another problem, then please elaborate.  I sure don't want to
later be accused of only wanting to frame this discussion by my own
logic of it, so please help clarify what we are talking about.

 - Jonas