Re: FFmpeg vs. libav packaging

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 01:03:02PM +0100, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
But we still try to minimise such cases as much as possible. And for
libav/ffmpeg this simply isn't managable at all due to the huge stream
of security issues trickling in. We need definitely need to pick one
solution only.

And how is this problem solved? The library which most software can use or the library which has a maintainer?

I’m using the Multimedia repository anyway because I want MythTV which is only available there. So I have ffmpeg.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |