Re: FFmpeg vs. libav packaging (was Re: Proposal: SystemD.pushers/forcers, et cetera)

Quoting Adrian Bunk (2014-02-13 20:37:47)
> Are you as Debian Multimedia Maintainer willing to discuss which
> option (libav, FFmpeg, some solution of shipping both) will be best
> for jessie based on the information that is available today?

It will certainly be best for Jessie to have a library included which
exist and has had reasonable testing as official Debian package.

Someone needs to do the work of packaging FFmpeg and get it into Debian
testing - then we can sensibly compare them in the context of an
upcoming stable Debian release.

I am part of the Debian Multimedia team, if that matters to you.

 - Jonas