Hostile upstreams (was Re: Proposal: ...)

Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 06:14:18PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>> Isnâ??t that a reason to rather remove it, under the hostile upstream
>> clause (cf. J�rg Schilling), or at the very least, not base anything
>> important on it?
>
>Hostile upstream != GPL / CDDL incompatabilities.

I don't know how aware you are of the history with Schily; a hostile
upstream with a willfully strange interpretation of how GPL works is
worse than just GPL / CDDL incompatibilities.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/