Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

Paul Tagliamonte <paultag <at> debian.org> writes:

>    Decide any technical matter where Developers' jurisdictions overlap.

This is more or less a political question (and one of trust and one to
FINALLY decide what package maintainers and porters can depend on, so
that we can move on).

Also, I’d not like to “maybe have a GR later”. Let’s have one now, then
move forward, whatever the outcome is.

> Supporting two different init systems is something I don't think
> *anyone* wants to get into. Remember they use different files, so this

Erm, we already support sysv-rc, file-rc, systemd, upstart…
so my favourite GR outcome would just say that Debian fully
commits to continue doing that.

bye,
//mirabilos