Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

Paul Tagliamonte <paultag <at> debian.org> writes:

> > Let’s GR it.
>
> Let's tech committee it :)

I’d ask them to solve the situation of gnome/xfce depending on systemd,
or something like that, but not a decision whether we want to support
one or multiple init systems, and if not all currently existing ones
(plus maybe OpenRC which had a GSoC after all), then which one. That’s
something for the Developers to decide IMHO. And we should do this now.
Still relatively early in the release process, so that any action can
be done by jessie+1 at the latest, with jessie already carrying everything
needed to enable it.

bye,
//mirabilos