Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 05:04:47PM +0200, Bastien beudart wrote:
>     Let's tech committee it :)
> It seems that the tech committee is composed of two well known ubuntu
> developers.
> Isn't that biased? I mean do you see them voting against upstart, I know that
> the decision
> should be based around technical facts, but that is not in their interest to
> vote against their
> project, especially since canonical is isolating itself from the rest of the
> community, so having
> Debian support is, I guess, really important, so…

Uh, if you don't trust the Debian tech committee to make good judgement
calls for Debian, we've got bigger problems.

This is seriously disturbing to read.

 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>
: :'  : Proud Debian Developer
`. `'`  4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87
 `-     http://people.debian.org/~paultag