Re: default MTA

Le mercredi 29 mai 2013 à 16:31 +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino a
écrit :
> Take for example, smartmoontools [1]. Currently, if an end-user
> installs smartmoontools and a hard-disk fails (i.e. smartd detects a
> problem with one HD) he will *not* see any notification: the failure
> is sent through local e-mail.

He will see a notification on his desktop. Clear, understandable and
translated in his configured language:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-disk-utility/tree/src/notify/gdusdmonitor.c
(The code is different but already here in squeeze and wheezy.)

I don’t see why he would need to see it again in a cryptic English
e-mail. You are really looking for a solution to a nonexistent problem.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :