Re: default MTA

On 29 May 2013 17:11, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 mai 2013 à 16:31 +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino a
> écrit :
> He will see a notification on his desktop. Clear, understandable and
> translated in his configured language:
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-disk-utility/tree/src/notify/gdusdmonitor.c
> (The code is different but already here in squeeze and wheezy.)

I'm happy to see this use case is covered in GNOME.

> I don’t see why he would need to see it again in a cryptic English
> e-mail. You are really looking for a solution to a nonexistent problem.

Smartmontools is not the only tool that uses sendmail to send alert to
the "user". The problem still exists, even if the example I provided
has already been fixed for, at least, GNOME users. (I wonder whether
similar code is there for KDE or Xfce users)

Regards

Javier