Re: default MTA

Le mardi 28 mai 2013 à 10:34 +0100, Jonathan Dowland a écrit :
> There is an impedence mismatch between packages which consider an MTA and the
> sendmail interface to be standard and those desktop components that make no
> such assumption. If we are going to keep ensuring a local MTA/sendmail interface
> going forward, I'd love to see it better integrated into the desktop stack. (In
> fact I still battle debconf-stuff-on-top-of-exim from time to time, when I have
> a system where I don't want any local mail.)

I don’t think desktop components lack integration with the MTA. For
example, evolution will use /usr/sbin/sendmail by default. The problem
is that usually, the MTA will not be configured to do anything useful,
so users are better off using an external SMTP server, usually with
authentication.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :