Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems

On 11/29/2012 10:58 PM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> There are valid arguments for forking udev, but /usr support is not one
> of them; we will just move /usr mounting to the initrd if it cannot be
> mounted later.
On the Debian side of things, you are probably right, since using an
initrd is ok in (nearly?) all situations.

However, you are running Gentoo and rebuild your kernel, why would
you bother with such thing as kernel modules and initrd? The thing is,
many (most? all?) Gentoo user, as far as I understand (I'm not a
Gentoo user), do not use kernel modules at all.

Thomas