Re: RFC: Why are so many debian packages outdated?

Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 15:58 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Yeah, I guess that makes sense, *if* the person doing the NMU then owns
>> any bugs they introduce and of course doesn't do anything drastic like
>> rewriting the build system.  And provides plenty of warning.

> Please, what can I do being a _contributor_ compared to  these "high
> level package maintainers", except filing bug reports.

Take a deep breath, absorb the lesson that patience is vital when working
on volunteer projects, and realize that problems that you consider
critical are not necessarily prioritized that highly by other people.
(All useful for Debian developers too, for that matter.)