Re: RFC: Why are so many debian packages outdated?

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 10:31 +0100, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:02:10AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Well there is experimental that could be used to package pre-releases
> > and new releases to make them suitable for unstable and testing _before_
> > the freeze!
> * The new release is requested by insistent Hurd porters,

I can give a few examples of outdated packages having non-responsive
maintainers, wine is one of them. See the wishlist bugs! Finally a set
of NMUs solved that problem. And that package is not at all related to
Hurd. Wine does not even build there yet. Don't confuse my contributions
to the Hurd with my opinions on the Weezy release, please.

> > and the Debian
> >   package maintainer absolutely loathes the Hurd, and will refuse to
> >   upload any packages that work on the Hurd.

Things like that happens too, but is not related to the Wheezy release,
Hurd is not a release architecture, didn't you know that?