Re: RFC: Why are so many debian packages outdated?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Svante Signell wrote:
>>  If a you see an out-of-date package, please volunteer your time to
>> help fix it.  If you're not a DD, you can do the work and send a
>> message to debian-mentors.
>
> I have tried several times and I can give you a recent example, see
> #610209 and especially #669368. I have tried to contribute, but to no
> avail (at least in this case).

While it's nice that you've prepared a package for the new mlocate
upstream version, getting it done after the freeze is simply far too
late.  Also, for packages that haven't been updated in a very long
time (two years in this case), a much better bet for a productive
exchange is to get it in front of -mentors instead of just the
(possibly mia) maintainer.

Best wishes,
Mike