Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 14:44 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 05, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>
> > Should Debian restrict itself to being a Linux platform just to have
> > systemd?
> If it is worth it, yes.
>
> Should Debian reject using <any widely deployed and important system
> component> just to support toy ports which are used by a dozen of people?

It might have some truth in it today, maybe not tomorrow. Please refrain
from this kind of categoric statements. Do you have a crystal ball?

This kind of statement is similar to a statement made by Bill Gates.
Microsoft: "640K ought to be enough for anybody" It *was* *definitely*
said by Bill Gates. He said it at an early microcomputer trade show in
Seattle in mid 1981. Another famous statement is by Thomas J. Watson,
IBM, from 1943, "I think there is a world market for maybe five
computers"