Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

2012/3/4 Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de>:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 01:19:14 +0100, Matthias Klumpp
> <matthias@tenstral.net> wrote:
>>Debian - as always - is extremely slow in making a decision on this,
>>but this time it might be an advantage: Fedora, openSUSE, Mageia, etc.
>>already switched to systemd (and Ubuntu, AFAIK the only distribution
>>using upstart at time)
>
> Did any of the distributions named above commit themselves to care
> about "exotic" platforms and/or non-Linux kernels?
No, and that's why this is an issue very specific to Debian. But the
above examples show, that systemd (or upstart) can bring many useful
features and improvements to Linux platforms.
It'll be interesting which decision will be made. I'm sure this will
take some time. :) (At least this discussion seems to be mostly
complete now, it's time to test some suggestions and to test systemd
and upstart on Debian, which some people seem to prepare for.)
Regards,
    Matthias