Re: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Now, is anyone against publishing the list of debian.net entries and the
> entry <-> registrant association (provided the above conditions are
> met)?

That is already published in DNS:

pabs@chianamo ~ $ dig -t txt mentors.debian.net | grep TXT
;mentors.debian.net.		IN	TXT
mentors.debian.net.	3593	IN	TXT	"Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org>"
mentors.debian.net.	3593	IN	TXT	"PGP 9B26 F48E 6F2B 0A3F 7E33  E6B7
095E 77C5 79CC 6586"

> To me, the most reasonable solution seems to consider that the
> registrant is the responsible contact point for the service. Publishing
> the entry <-> registrant association we will de facto document who to
> contact.  I agree with you that publishing the real contact address on
> the service web site would make the problem moot. So, proxies who do not
> want to be bothered as contact points should simply encourage the
> actual services admins to document the 'real' contact point. (This
> leaves out the case of debian.net services that are not 'web' services,
> but they should be documented anyhow, so...)

Also, for domains that are not CNAMEs, there is the possibility for
the registrant to document real contact points in DNS TXT records: