Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Mar 05, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> Should Debian restrict itself to being a Linux platform just to have
> systemd?
If it is worth it, yes.

Should Debian reject using <any widely deployed and important system
component> just to support toy ports which are used by a dozen of people?

> Debian being a platform which is frequently used for low-powered,
> embedded stuff: How will a systemd driven platform behave on a
> platform with small memory and low CPU power compared to sysvinit?
I am not a systemd fan and have no experience with it, but the upstream
maintainers say that it works fine on small systems as well.

--
ciao,
Marco