Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

* Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> [120224 10:45]:
> ]] "Bernhard R. Link"
> > * Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> [120223 22:21]:
> > > ]] "Bernhard R. Link"
> > > Your shell is most likely implemented in C, but it's not like you sit
> > > down and have to debug it every other day.  Why do you assume that you
> > > need to do so just because policy is encoded in .ini-like files instead
> > > of shell scripts?
> >
> > Because shell is general purpose (and well known) enough that you can
> > modify it sensibly. [...]
>
> I think you're approaching the problem from a somewhat weird direction.
>
> systemd unit files are declarative.

And that is exactly why I think you will likely need to be C programmer
and understand the internals of systemd to debug your boot process and
to fix it in case you have problems.

Or if you want to do anything not explicitly supported (for example,
how easy is it with systemd to run a daemon within strace?) you might
need to replace the declarative part with a shell script part, which
most people will not be able to do easily.

        Bernhard R. Link