Re: /run support for wheezy: final (I hope) call for testing

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On pe, 2011-04-15 at 21:58 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Symlinks in system path components REALLY are best avoided.
>
> Out of curiosity: why?

Because not everything is blind to what it is transversing to get to the
inode a path refers to, and a lot more are not blind at the type of the last
component in a path.  Missing the last / is a lot common, it will refer to
the symlink itself, and at that point, stuff can notice the difference and
behave differently.

You don't break an unknown amount of stuff outside of your control when you
have another choice, unless that choice is much worse.

  Henrique Holschuh