Re: /run support for wheezy: final (I hope) call for testing

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 02:39:40PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 02:28:35PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:07:37PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > > http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.3.dsc
> > >
> > > Changes since last time:
> > > - vserver environments should now upgrade correctly (autodetect and
> > >   treat like chroots)
> >
> > Sadly, it still seems to fail for me:
> >
> > /var/run -> /run is properly created in postinst, exists after shutdown,
> > disappears during an attempt to start it.
> >
> > Not sure what kills it, lemme try to find it out.  The host is squeeze but
> > had been repeatedly upgraded, so something might be different from fresh
> > installs.
>
> Got it:
>
> /usr/lib/util-vserver/vserver.start includes the following function:
>
>             { find var/run  ! -type d -print0; \
>               find var/lock ! -type d -print0; } | xargs -0r $_CHROOT_SH rm
>
> A symlink to a directory is not a directory...
>
> Not sure how to fix it, especially considering that typically the host is
> stable or oldstable even if specific guests run unstable.

Just add a trailing slash to ensure it follows the link:

{ find var/run/  ! -type d -print0; \
  find var/lock/ ! -type d -print0; } | xargs -0r $_CHROOT_SH rm

I'm afraid this will need fixing in util-vserver(?) though.  We can't
work around this in initscripts postinst, I'm afraid, since it worked
correctly, and this happened after the migration.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh