Re: /run support for wheezy: final (I hope) call for testing

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 08:59:01PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > { find var/run/  ! -type d -print0; \
> >   find var/lock/ ! -type d -print0; } | xargs -0r $_CHROOT_SH rm
> >
> > I'm afraid this will need fixing in util-vserver(?) though.  We can't
> > work around this in initscripts postinst, I'm afraid, since it worked
> > correctly, and this happened after the migration.
>
> The proper fix would be to use bind mounts, or always use multiple tmpfs
> (which is safer, anyway).

We have now fixed this issue by never moving /var/run or /var/lock
in postinst.  In the case of a chroot/vserver, we simply create a
symlink from the new location (/run) to the old (/var/run) so that
both paths are functional.  In consequence, /var/run and /var/lock
will remain directories in a vserver environment.

If a host environment, we do create symlinks at the next boot, but
vserver won't trip up in this situation.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh