Re: /run support for wheezy: final (I hope) call for testing

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:07:37PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.3.dsc
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.3.patch
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.3_amd64.changes
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/sysvinit-utils_2.88dsf-13.3_amd64.deb
>
> This has been tested on Linux (amd64, powerpc), kfreebsd (amd64),
> hurd (i386) and linux vservers and lxc.
>
> Changes since last time:
> - vserver environments should now upgrade correctly (autodetect and
>   treat like chroots)

Sadly, it still seems to fail for me:

fakerunlevel: open("/var/run/utmp"): No such file or directory

/var/run -> /run is properly created in postinst, exists after shutdown,
disappears during an attempt to start it.

Not sure what kills it, lemme try to find it out.  The host is squeeze but
had been repeatedly upgraded, so something might be different from fresh
installs.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be