Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

Julien BLACHE schrieb:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> I expect this to be of particular interest when we'll have VCS-powered
>> source formats (say "3.0 (git2quilt)") that generate source packages that
>> are plain "3.0 (quilt)" based on the git repository information.
>
> This is becoming crazy, really.

I agree. dpkg-dev should not be depending on any VCS and it should not
promote any particular VCS either. I know that git is the new black (oh,
wait, that was something else), but I personally don't like it. And I
especially dislike how so many git lovers are trying to push it onto
others, while there are perfectly good reason (not applicable to all
teams or projects of course) not to use git but some other VCS (be it
distributed or not.

Regards,
Sven