About new source formats for packages without patches

Hi,

Responding to http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/201-lintian,-source-format-3.0-and-blog-comments.html:

1/ Instead of taking 30 minutes to explain why you don't care of the new
   formats, it would have been way more useful to apply the patch
   sitting in http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=388567
   where multiple people prodded you for an upload.

2/ You explain that you have no reason to switch to the new formats. Fine.
   I have explained you that I believe there are good reasons for
   switching (I won't repeat the wiki page). Why are you insisting to not
   switch when the effort to change is so low in packages without patches?
   Do you have technical reasons to explicitly avoid the new formats?

> Nevertheless, I will do what is necessary to avoid 3.0 until there is a
> compelling technical reason to adopt it.

Why are you actively working against the work of another DD in the project?

Shall I do the same when I review your dpkg-dev patches because I don't
care of Emdebian?

> Adding a redundant directory and file is obnoxious. I fail to see why
> debian/source-format would not have been perfectly suitable.

There can be other files in debian/source/ (patch-header, options,
lintian-overrides, include-binaries, etc.).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/