Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

> Instead what I want is to remove the default altogether so that 1.0 is
> no longer implicitly blessed/recommended.

As far as I can understand, this is entirely compatible with “absence of
‘debian/source/format’ always means the package is in “1.0” source
format” since that has no implication that “1.0” is blessed or
recommended in any way. To that extent, I welcome this policy.

--
 \     “To save the world requires faith and courage: faith in reason, |
  `\            and courage to proclaim what reason shows to be true.” |