Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Neil Williams wrote:
> Now all I need is for dpkg to accept that the absence of
> debian/source/format is declarative of source format 1.0.

That's the case _for now_.

> packages don't need to be changed merely to state the obvious.

They need because the dpkg maintainers have decided that it might
not be the case indefinitely.

I don't see any significant difference in the wording, the major change is
the priority which simply means that less people will see it/take it into
account (those that use -I by default).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog