Re: Prefix level in Quilt patches

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009, Ben Finney wrote:
> More specifically, I'm not the one using Quilt *at all*. The patches
> are created from my VCS, stored in the ‘debian/patches/’ directory
> separate from the upstream source, so there isn't anything for them to
> be applied to until the package gets built with ‘dpkg-source’.

Most VCS have options to control the output of "<vcs> diff". git produces
-p1 patches by default and you can use --no-prefix (-p0 like) or
--src-prefix / --dst-prefix for other cases.

With bzr you can use “bzr diff --prefix a/:b/” to produce -p1 patches
instead of -p0 patches.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/