Re: Prefix level in Quilt patches (was: Support of new source packages in squeeze)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> How can I reliably inform the Debian packaging tools that my quilt
> patches are in ‘patch -p0’ format?

You don't want to use -p0 otherwise you'll get bugs from buxy about
not supporting dpkg source package v3. I'm using this to generate my
patches:

$ grep REFRESH ~/.quiltrc
QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="-pab --no-timestamps --no-index"

If you actually want -p0 for some weird reason, make sure the series
file has that option in it:

$ locate debian/patches/series | xargs grep -- -p0
/home/pabs/devel/debian/games/gravitation/debian/patches/series:abs_path.patch
-p0
/home/pabs/devel/debian/games/passage/debian/patches/series:abs_path.patch -p0
/home/pabs/devel/debian/games/passage/debian/patches/series:amd64_fix.patch -p0

bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise