Prefix level in Quilt patches (was: Support of new source packages in squeeze)

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> Or how will you rebuild packages with 3.0 (quilt) that already use
> dpatch or cdbs with simple-patchsys? (the latter would at least
> require to normalize all patches to -p1, […]).

The ‘quilt(1)’ manpage documents a ‘-p’ option:

    -p n
        Create a -p n style patch (-p0 or -p1 are supported).

My preferred method of producing patches (directly from my VCS) makes
them as equivalent to ‘patch -p0’ patches. But nothing I do seems to
convince the Debian packaging tools to use anything but ‘-p1’ when
applying these patches, which fails of course.

How can I reliably inform the Debian packaging tools that my quilt
patches are in ‘patch -p0’ format?

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but if we get Sam Spade, we'll never have any puppies.” |