Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> writes:

> While we are on the subject of ia32-apt-get, I'm not sure _what_
> happened, but after the upgrade of ia32-apt-get 14 to 18, suddenly
> aptitude had about 200 package in "upgradable" state that were not
> upgradable before.

ia32-apt-get encodes its own version into the version of converted
packages. That way every time the converter fixes some bug all
converted packages get upgraded to a new version. That might not be
always neccessary but generally is.

So this is totaly expected.

> The issue is I don't remember for sure what /etc/apt/sources.list
> looked like before the upgrade, but now it is:
>
> lionelm@harif:/etc/apt$ cat preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 600

Better add the pinings from /usr/share/doc/ia32-apt-get/NEWS.Debian.gz
as well.

MfG
        Goswin