Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

Didier Raboud <didier@raboud.com> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <didier@raboud.com> writes:

>>> Hi Goswin,
>>>
>>> Here is an example from my laptop :
>>>
>>> (...)
>>>
>>> Is that enough of an example ?
>>
>> Not realy. None of your entries causes an error. They all convert
>> perfectly.
>>
>> What do you mean "no valid repository"? Are you trying to use them
>> without first having called "apt-get update" to actualy create the
>> index files they reference? So far everything you have shown is as
>> designed.
>
> Okay. This is #533746 then. I do always use aptitude (both command-line only
> and with the curses interface) and never apt-get. You cannot expect me to
> use apt-get AFAIK.
>
> While installing wine (e.g) with aptitude, I cannot except to get new
> archives added to my sources.list which should be somehow mangled by a
> wrapper around apt-get, which I should begin to use instead of aptitude.
>
> s/apt-get/aptitude/g is really too much of an intrusion in the way I admin
> my machines... Sorry.

It is work in progress. For now you will have to "apt-get update" and
then you can use aptitude for everything else.

I never use aptitude and after doing a test upgrade of an older sid to
current with aptitude I'm verry much affirmed on that. The last ~50
packages I upgraded with "apt-get upgrade" again because the aptitude
interface just wouldn't just do it.

Aptitude even suggested I downgrade some package from 1.2-3 (64bit
flavour) to 1.2-3~18 (32bit flavour) despite the later being pinned
down. That is just horribly broken. apt-get just updated the package
and its dependency instead.

>> MfG
>>         Goswin
>
> I feel good intentions, but a poor result. This really seems a big plaster
> on a wooden leg.
>
> Regards,
>
> OdyX

MfG