Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

Hi,

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 29 Jun 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>> This package was already enough of a hack, but at least it worked
>> without fiddling in horrible ways with the packaging system.
>>
>> How can we have a working wine or nspluginwrapper now?
>
> Not that I know about nspluginwrapper, but I got my skype working again
> by:
> - calling /usr/share/ia32-apt-get/convert-all-sources.list

Which horribly breaks with anything a little custom (proxies, custom
repositories, ...) and fills your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ with ia32-apt-
get.{i386,amd64} copies of all your pet sources.

It also breaks on install if there is no /etc/apt/sources.list (which is
obviously unuseful if you have filled your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ).

> - increaing Cache-Limit in /etc/apt/conf.d/00cachesize

I did that configuration in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99custom by the way (for
other things)...

> - calling apt-get update from the commandline

It dpkg-diverts apt-get but not aptitude... How can we accept to see apt-get
diverted for such a hack ?

> - installing skype from aptitude

Personnally, I don't care for non-free stuff, but main's wine depends on
ia32-apt-get through ia32-libs…

Regards,

OdyX, who points to multiarch and suggests it is maybe time to go the real
route instead…

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian user.
CH-1802 Corseaux