Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

+ Andrei Popescu (Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:56:29 +0300):

> On Wed,29.Apr.09, 14:27:45, Darren Salt wrote:
> > The list management software, OTOH, can [add] a Mail-Followup-To
> > header, if one is not already present, containing the list address
> > and, if the sender is not subscribed, his address.

> This could be very annoying for people reading the list via gmane,
> googlegroups or just the archives.

They can add a Mail-Followup-To themselves indicating they don't wish
for a copy, and that will be respected.

Regarding Darren's proposal (see above), I had exactly the same idea
myself, and thought of formally proposing it to listmaster. However, I
don't feel inclined to defend it in front of those who will disagree, so
I'll limit my pursuit to Bcc'ing this message to listmaster.

One would have to investigate what's the actual behavior of different
MUAs with respect the M-F-T header. And please, do not reply to this
mail to say M-F-T makes baby Jesus cry or rapes babies or whatever.

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.