Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> writes:

> If the sender of the previous email is subscribed to the list:
>   If I select "Reply":
>     To=mailing-list
>     CC=
>   If I select "Reply to all":
>     To=mailing-list
>     CC=Previous email's recipient.
>
> If the sender of the previous mail was NOT subscribed to the list.
>   If I select "Reply":
>     To=sender,mailing-list
>     CC=
>   If I select "Reply to all":
>     To=sender,mailing-list
>     CC=Previous email's recipient.
>
> => Do you agree with this? Can we forward it to list-masters?

I either don't agree with this or think that you're leaving out a
function that's important.

Gnus has two reply functions, which it calls "reply" and "follow-up"
using the old Usenet definitions.  Its default behavior without any
configuration is:

Reply: